In January, I decided to try to read 100 books in 2010. So, how am I doing so far?
Pretty shitty, to be honest. In the last month, we’ve closed on a house, I’m still looking for a job, and this is the heaviest course load I’ve ever had in school.
Am I quitting? Fuck, no. But, I am amending the rules a bit.
I’ve decided to count audio fiction toward the goal, since much of my time has been taken up with things like painting and driving back and forth between houses. It’s not like when I’m watching TV, and could choose to read instead.
So, for the updated list:
1) The Beard – Andersen Prunty
2) Jack and Mr. Grin – Andersen Prunty
3) Morning is Dead – Andersen Prunty
4) Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe
5) Fluid Mosaic – Michael Arnzen
6) Help! A Bear is Eating Me – Mykle Hansen
7) Veronika Decides to Die – Paulo Coelho
That’s seven books in a little over a month. Not awful, but I’m definitely going to need to step it up to reach my goal. I’m in the middle of reading:
– Old Man’s War – John Scalzi
– Under the Dome – Stephen King
– Darth Bane #3 – Drew Karpyshyn
– Hoad’s Grim – Jack Kincaid
Yeah, I know it’s silly to read multiple books, but I’ve always kind of enjoy ed it. They’re all quite different, so regardless of my mood, I’ll be into something.